A smart card, chip card, or integrated circuit card is any pocket-sized card that has embedded integrated circuits. Smart cards are made of plastic, generally polyvinyl chloride (PVC), but sometimes polyethylene terephthalate based polyesters (PET), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) or polycarbonate is used.
The first main advantage of smart cards is their flexibility. There is no need to carry several cards: one card can simultaneously be an ID card, credit card, stored-value cash card and a repository of personal information.
The second main advantage is security. Smart cards can be electronic key rings, giving the bearer ability to access information and physical places without need for online connections.
General benefits of Smart Cards are:
• Portability – Can easily be integrated into almost any system.
• Increasing data storage capacity – Can carry much more data than magnetic strip or barcode encoding.
• Reliability – Virtually unaffected by electrical and magnetic fields.
• High Security – Can only be read and written to if access is granted (PIN or Biometric).
KEY FEATURES AND SPECS
6 Colour Process (CMYK)
POPULAR CHOICES FOR SMART CARDS
Tamper-proof Government ID cards play a critical role in high- security. Security features on the card can include high quality photo ID, UV, guilloche and micro text printing.
- Photo Personalization & UV Print
- Guilloche and Micro Text Print
- Signature Panel
National Drivers Licence Card
Printing a high quality, secure, durable ID card has to be one of the highest secure cards. The fundamental principle of designing a High Security card, is layered security and the use of multiple security features.
- Photo Personalization, with UV print
- Biometrics print; fingerprint recognition
- Security Hologram / Overlay
- Single or Dual chip technology
Schools, Colleges and Event Companies are moving to a fully comprehensive secure cashless management system, using a cashless, card-based system for all payment transactions.
- ID photo of the student on the NFC card
- Colour Single or Dual sided print
- Access cards for Events / functions
- QR code, to link to mobile devises
We understand that supplying artwork for proffessional printers can be a bit intimidating (there’s way too much jargon and technical terminology!) So we’ve tried to keep things as simple as possible.
- School ID or Access Card
- Tuck Shop Card or Cashless System
- Bag Tags and Accessories
Retail & Leisure
- Gift, Loyalty or Account Cards
- Visitor, Parking or Access Cards
- Membership or Gym Cards
Health & Wellness
- Medical Aid Cards
- Employee Benefit Cards
- Spa Gift Cards
- Photo Identification Card
- Technology Based Stock Cards
- Card and Printer Bundle Deals
- Union membership cards
- Government Party ID Cards
- High Security ID Access Cards
- ID or Access Cards
- Employee Incentives or Rewards Card
- Debt Management or Counselling
- Taxi Association Cards
- Roadside Assistance Cards
- Bus / Taxi / Train Cards
- Cashless Cards
- Luggage Tags and Loops
- Cashless Systems Wristband Option